Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Getting my Velvia from Super-8 Sound tonight!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member chas_ucla's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2000
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well it took them a week but Super-8 Sound (Pro 8mm) called and left a friendly message at work stating that my custom-loaded Velvia reversal is ready! Man, I can't wait to check it out. Half of it was shot on my Bolex 155, the other half on a friend's Beaulieu.
    Roger, am I the first one to get the Velvia processed? Does your offer still stand?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member MovieStuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2001
    Posts
    847
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You win! Send it in with a tape!

    Roger

  3. #3
    Inactive Member chas_ucla's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2000
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    And the results....

    BAD.........

    A horrid, overexposed orange, "muddy" look throughout. I used two cameras to shoot but there is no difference in exposure. I made sure to not use the 85b filter. Plenty of light...but within the light meters' range on both cameras...

    After e-mailing Barry with the news he thought they processed it as a negative instead of reversal. Idiots. I clearly stated "reversal" to them.

    I'm taking it to Yale next time even though it means paying for it.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    Sorry it was your velvia that was trashed [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img] but thanks for the heads up.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Basstruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 7th, 2000
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A little notice : Velvia 50 is not really 50 asa, but 40 asa. Fuji lies to make user underexpose the film a little ( for saturated colors ).How could you overexposed this ??
    Matt

  6. #6
    Inactive Member chas_ucla's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2000
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Basstruc:
    A little notice : Velvia 50 is not really 50 asa, but 40 asa. Fuji lies to make user underexpose the film a little ( for saturated colors ).How could you overexposed this ??
    Matt
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Read what I wrote in the post above:
    &lt;&lt;After e-mailing Barry with the news he thought they processed it as a negative instead of reversal. Idiots. I clearly stated "reversal" to them.&gt;&gt;

    After writing to the dude from Pro 8mm, he agreed to take a look at the film. I'm going to bring it by tomorrow. I'll let you know what happens.

    Chas

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Basstruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 7th, 2000
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry, I'm pretty bad in english & hate reading on my screen, sometime I do not spend enough time to read...
    Matt

  8. #8
    Inactive Member chas_ucla's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2000
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Basstruc:
    Sorry, I'm pretty bad in english & hate reading on my screen, sometime I do not spend enough time to read...
    Matt
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    No problem -- votre anglais is far better than my French!

    Warning to all Velvia users (who purchased from Barry) --I met with Richard from Pro 8mm today. He took a look at my film and looked pretty surprised. He thinks it was processed in the wrong chemistry so he told me to next time drop off the film with HIM PERSONALLY. He wants to see my next roll and if it turns out it was their fault he'll give me some free film and processing.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member blackangus1's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2002
    Posts
    80
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's probably pretty good advice. Velvia, Provia, and Ektachrome 100D are all E-6 processing, which is not shared by any other S8 filmstock. It was my guess that Pro8mm must have somehow processed the Velvia in VNF chemistry. But they do offer E-6, it's just not very common. I would definitely recommend that all E-6 S8 users send the film to Richard's attention and include a cover letter specifying if you want it cross-processed as negative, or processed as reversal IN E-6...

    Sorry that happened, Chas, and I think we're all very much anticipating the results of your next roll!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Jon P's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2001
    Posts
    92
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Any news yet? This is a great strand it has a wicked plot and now I am left in suspense! I really wan't to try out some different stocks, I love K40 but it is no good for some of the stuff I want to do. Will velvia give me better results in low light conditions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •